Sunday 17 May 2015

My Life With Batman:


My name is Ross Collie and I mentioned before that I had grown up with Batman all around me. Essentially, this post is an attempt to put that into some sort of perspective for you. My Dad has been collecting all things Batman all throughout his life and I think it's fair to say that I have also been bitten by the bat-bug.

Batman was always something I loved no matter what age I was. Mornings would be spent watching The Animated Series on television, Afternoons spent walking through the aisles of toy and comic shops in an attempt to find a figure which would be endlessly played with, and evenings would be spent setting up scenes and taking a look at what figures could and couldn't do.

I would purchase figures from all franchises, but there was a consistent trend in the amount of Batman products I would get. I loved Batman, and I quite clearly still do. I would bring a Batman Lunch box to playschool (The Irish equivalent of kindergarten), Read books on the world of Batman and all the while I would always have a Batman figure within arms reach.



I have always been mesmerised by my fathers interest in Batman, so it's no surprise that I have begun to continue his hobby which operates around  Batman products. Another thing I've always loved is writing. This blog, Batman Collection Ireland, Allows me to combine both my love for writing and my passion for Batman, to provide an accurate and interesting source for reviews, thoughts, opinions and guides.

Collecting Batman products has been a life-long journey for me, and thus my long history with the world of Batman gives me credentials that very few Batman reviewers can say that they have. I hope you enjoy the reviews I bring to the table on both old and new products alike.






The photos featured on this blog post are of me during various stages of my early childhood and are Copyright of Batman Collection Ireland.


No comments:

Post a Comment