Saturday 9 May 2015

Arkham Knight: Harley Quinn Figure: 


I recently posted about a statue of Harley Quinn based on artwork taken from the '90's (Bruce Timm's Animated Series). As a result, I thought I might tribute a post to the most current interpretation of the nurse-turned-psycho Harley Quinn. Arkham Knight is a Batman console game being released in the coming months and so a line of figures were brought out to accompany it. I picked up this Harley Quinn figure for €25.99, which wasn't too bad a price considering it was up to €30 in other retail locations! It's worth saying that shopping around in this industry can save you a serious amount of money in the long-run. 



The figure comes in a stunning display box which is pictured in the gallery at the end of this post. The box allows for an excellent view of the figure and displays all of her accessories accordingly. Harley has been sculpted here by Gentle Giant Studios, who are becoming more and more involved in sculpting figure line-ups for DC Collectibles. The unique thing about this figure is that it looks fantastic on display both in it's box and outside of it's box, and in my opinion, it trumps the packaging for all previous Arkham figures. 



Harley features 22 points of articulation, which is really quite impressive.  She stands 6.5 inches tall and does not come with a display base. (I used my own display base in the photo gallery). Her sculpt is remarkable, especially considering I was planning on not purchasing her due to how I thought the sculpt looked in the preview photos. The end-result figure looks far better than the prototypes ever did.
She comes with a pair of inter-changable hands which are really easy to put on and remove as you see fit, a baseball bat, a pistol, a detonator and also a jack-in-the-box bomb which features a head on a spring and also a turning handle. 

DC Collectibles and Gentle Giant Studios really went the extra mile with this figure, from the packaging right down to the copious amount of accessories, and thus I hope all of the others in the Arkham Knight line are of a similar quality. I would really recommend purchasing this figure, as it is a stunning piece for fans and collectors alike. 

The photos which are included in this post were taken by me.





No comments:

Post a Comment